Regardless of the type of firm you own, or the service you’re selling, people buy into you before they buy your firm or its services. So, if you’re looking to sell more, sign up better clients or simply get more referrals from your networking group – read this article.
Seven Tips to sell more.
People need to buy into you before your firm. So, it’s time to think about what they want to buy into (yes, that’s you). Understand more about how people buy, download our free guide the buying process, it's free and waiting for you to download right now. Click here for instant access (email address required).
- Your passion: Passion is a powerful emotion, and it sells. Most people tell themselves they buy rationally, but it’s not true. Most people buy on emotion, then confirm it logically. Think about services you’ve brought; did you have to get on with the person first? What was the connection? I’m bet it will be something about them, or their passion. How can you ensure your passion shows, and what will it be?
- Where you’ve come from: This could help increase the emotional connection. What kind of a person are you, what common ground is there between you and you prospective client?
- Your stories: These help bridge from emotional to logic. A story needs to be true, but have enough emotion in it to be interesting and perhaps even inspiring. Then, I’m looking to see if you have helped somebody like me, with a problem like mine and the way you handled it. Yes, the way you handled it, not just what you did.
- Your questions: Sometimes it’s not about what you tell them, it’s about what you ask them! Good sales questions allow you to discover more and make them think.
- Your credibility: People may buy emotionally, but they confirm it with their head. You will get checked out, even if it’s only on LinkedIn! Credibility can be an emotional response as well as a factual one. Are the stories you put out credible? Do you sound (thinking whole body language here) authentic? Then, what testimonials and other shared connections do you have that back up your credibility? Are you credible as the in their niche?
- Your skills: As we move to the head, I want to know you have the skills I need. However, I’m not interested until there’s a connection. That’s where so many Accountants go wrong when they tell us, at networking meetings, all the Associations they’re in and how many years they’ve been practising for. So demonstrate that you’re the , once there’s a connection.
- How you can help them: Here’s where you need to show your listening skills (if you’re unsure about them download our factsheet on Active Listening, it's free and waiting for you to download right now. Click here for instant access (email address required).) When talking about how you can help somebody, use their language as you talk about their problem (and the solution). That makes it different to the story you told, where you talked about somebody like them with a problem like theirs’. You can, of course, refer back to the earlier story.
- Where you’re going: Not always needed in direct sales. However, when networking talking about your future, your dreams, values and ambitions help your networking contact to connect you with potential referrals.
Oh, look, I can’t count. Can you help me make it NINE tips to sell more?
Download our free guide on how to sell more by creating a sales process specific for your firm, it's free and waiting for you to download right now. Click here for instant access (email address required).
So, what will make somebody buy into you and your personal brand? Do you agree that they need to?
Understand more about how people buy, download our free guide the buying process, it's free and waiting for you to download right now. Click here for instant access (email address required).