About us….and this website
The purpose of this website is to help you and your firm achieve its true potential.
It’s full of articles, tips, videos and other material to help you lead your firm, whilst growing your profitable client portfolio. You can start reading them here, or click here and access our members library (email address required) to download over 60 free guides, e-books and templates to help grow your firm.
We are business coaches based between Milton Keynes and Bedford (actually in a beautiful country park, the picture above is the view from our office window). We help the owners of small professional firms grow on their journey from 5—50 employees.
Both Jon and Heather have helped hundreds of professionals with their own small firms achieve business growth and get time back from the their work life for themselves – by creating focus, improving their marketing and sales processes and leadership skills.
We are independent and passionate about helping people succeed, in their way; so we don’t use formulaic strategies, or “off the shelf material” and we only use qualified coaches.
Training without change is pointless, so we focus on implementation. Telling people what to do reminds them of what they plan to do, but normal work gets in the way. Change needs follow up; we link training and the daily needs of your firm
The Excedia Group
The Excedia Group was founded in early 2011 after Heather and Jon had worked together on several projects and then realised that they didn’t know who could nag whom the most, nor did they stop laughing.. All joking aside, Jon Baker and Heather Townsend wanted to bring clarity, perspective and knowledge to help their clients achieve their business goals. They both realised that they could do this in a more effective and enjoyable way by working together. Over 75% of our work comes from professional service firms – both large and small, helping them get lead and build their practice – often helping them harness the power of social media and networking.
Our business is based around the shared values of the two founders – Jon and Heather:
- Loyalty – to our clients and their requirements
- Integrity – we will only advise clients on what we are qualified to do so, and only with our client’s best interests at heart. We will also never profit from a referral we make to or for our clients.
- Fun – we will bring our love of what we do with us to work, thereby helping deliver a better experience for our clients
- Friendship – we will form close and strong relationships with our clients
- Freedom – we believe that success in business is defined by the ability to live your life as you choose. We help our clients build their business so that they too can achieve Freedom.
Our client list consists of:
- the very largest professional service firms, e.g. Deloitte LLP, BDO LLP
- strong regional practices, Haines Watt, Bircham Dyson Bell LLP, Bevan Brittan LLP, Sills and Betteridge LLP
- the very smallest (but perfectly formed) practices, WBS Accountants, Insight Associates…